Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Old cars and vintage clothes

There is an antique automobile in Fairbanks, Fountainhead Antique Auto Museum,  that is truly amazing, especially that it is located near the top of the world in Fairbanks, Alaska!  Dick really enjoyed  seeing all the rare antique cars and I enjoyed their fabulous collection of vintage clothing.  

I couldn't help but think of Graphic 45 and their vintage collections that often include vintage fashions.  I think Diane Schultz would have loved the clothing!


Ha ha, me "driving" a vintage car!



These photos really don't do justice to these fashion displays.  I really like the dress on the left.  See the next photo for a look at the front of the dress.

Wow, the details are just stunning.  Note, these are not replicas, these are original fashions.

I could ride around in this!!

Be sure and read the description of this cloak below.  Just click on the photo for a larger view so you can read the type.




The detail on this "afternoon dress" is mind  boggling!  I also thought a lot about the beautiful fashions in Downton  Abbey while perusing all these vintage things.




Mustn't forget the gents!

And the kids.....


Loved this outfit, I can see Mary from Downton in it!

And this was a favorite, I just love the yellow with the bold black accents.

Take a close look at the back of the dress on the right.  Those are feathers, OMG, I guess you don't sit down in that dress!



One of the things that struck me about these dresses is how tiny they were.  Holy hell, even 12 year olds of today would have a hard time fitting into them.  Well I suppose if you are all corseted up, you might fit if you're petite!  LOL, no way I'd fit, I'm giant sized compared to these dresses!

That evening we visited a gin distillery with two owners of the CPA firm I worked for when we lived here.  I loved that firm, best job I ever had and the greatest bosses!

So Dick is checking out the drink menu at the distillery.


Girls being silly!


The day after all this fun, we left for a great road trip in the vast wilderness of Alaska.  Next post I will share photos of that trip.

2 comments:

  1. The outfits are astounding! Who would have guessed beetle wings, not I that's for sure. Glad to see you guys are having such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous clothing! My little finger wouldn’t fit. Looks like you are having a great Time!

    ReplyDelete