Saturday, July 20, 2019

Back to the Big City, Anchorage

We left Homer and drove back through the smoke to Anchorage and spent a few days being tourists.  We met up with the lovely Kathy Mosher and her hubby for lunch one day.  It was such a treat to finally meet Kathy as she's been an internet friend for a long time!

This is one bear I didn't mind getting close too.  Lots of neat art around Anchorage to see.

 This is the visitor's center in downtown Anchorage.  Notice that the roof is made of sod.  That's the way things were often done in the "old days" and even now I imagine for those that live off the grid.


 Prettiest flowers I've ever seen are in Alaska!

I love visiting zoos and that's where I captured this photo of the mighty eagle.  This guy was injured so he will live out his days in captivity being well cared for.


Next stop on the tour is Dawson City in the Yukon Territory famous as the site of the Klondike Gold Rush 1897 -1899.





2 comments:

  1. Oh what beautiful photos! So NEAT and happy that you and Kathy Mosher met! Such a treat for sure! She's our Alaska Girl! I love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, I really appreciate the time that you take to follow my blogs.

      Delete